“Don’t tell me until I’ve had my coffee.”
A Coffee cup that displays the most important breaking news each morning at the bottom. By finishing their coffee, the user reveals the headline at the bottom. Sources for the headline include the BBC, nytimes.com, and about 20 other news outlets. Whichever headline appears on the most of these sources will be displayed on the cup.
Here is the wireframe/flow of how the user interacts with the smart paper coffee cup:
- User recieves the coffee they ordered in a to-go cup.
- The top of the cup says NEWS! and displays the day of week, date and time.
- User checks time, starts sipping their coffee. Either they take off the lid or leave it on.
- If lid is off, date and time will display on inside of cup and ‘float’ on liquid`
- If lid is on, nothing changes.
- User Drinks their coffee.
- The bottom of the cup displays a headline along with the logo of the news source.
- User throws cup into future recycling bin which cleans the cup and sends it back to the cup plant.